Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The Halloween party

So today we had our halloween party, so a couple of people brought in bags of candy for the class to eat. I brought In a bag of kitkats, which was my dasd but he doesn't need all the sugar so I took them but id did as my mom so I won't get in trouble if he finds out. In class today we got our test back and he said that our class average was a 87% which I think for a test that was very hard like that was a very good average. When I got my test back I got a 88% which I thought was really good, so after that we went over the test and wrote down the correct answers so that we could review from this test for the midterms in December. After we reviewed the test we started to talk about push and pull factors for migration. Some of the push factors were civil war, unemployment, underemployment, religious persecution. Some of the pull factors were freedom of religion, better jobs, better health care, and the freedom of speech. When we talked about some of the push factors some of the examples were like in the Middle East countries are in a civil war and many of the businesses have been destroyed by the fighting so there is a shortage of jobs among the people, another one was that if you were following. religion that was not the standard of a country some people might criticize you for it or even might threaten you. Some of the examples of pull factors was like in Canada health care  is very cheap but in return they have higher taxes, also in Canada they welcome refugees from countries and want them to come to their country. So these are some of the factors that affect migration. there are also many other factors that could influence migration but they are usually more specific depending on where a person comes from or what country they are in, in could govt. or religion or even the economy but one thing that is very common is they all look to the USA for refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rome test

So today we had our Rome test and for the first time in history of my class it was a open blog test. I didn't have all the answers but I...