Thursday, October 26, 2017

The water bottle

So today in class we learned about population and how it has changed over the century. In 1804 there was about 1 billion people on the planet. In 1927 there was about 2 billion people in 1960 there was 3 million people, in 1974 there was 4 billion, in 1987 there was 5 billion, in 1999 there was 6 billion and in 2011 there was 7 billion people. If you calculate the number of years in between the time when this data was taken it would show there every smaller amount of years millions of more people every year and if this amount has increased there would be no more space for people on earth, luckily in places like china they have put restrictions on how many children you could have because in past years so many people were being born that there wouldn't been any room after a couple of decades, Now some of the recent data shows that 73 million people a year are being born, approximately 200,000 a day, 8377 a hour, 149 per minute, and 2.5 per second. This is some pretty important  data if you think about it because if the amount per year increases there will be less space for people each year on the earth. We also looked at the population clock which shows the estimated population of the world based on the amount of deaths, the amount of births, now this girl Jamie who sits next ,to me was sorta losing it because it was messing with her head a little to much and she felt sick, so I just told her to not look, luckily though Mr Schick moved on to the next slide. Now the fun part of the day was that I brought in two water bottles because there are always these girls who complain their thirsty so to, how do I say this politely " shut them up" when they said something I gave them a water luckily though only two of them needs one so I had a perfect amount. But today was really fun because we actually learned something and I have something for my blog yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rome test

So today we had our Rome test and for the first time in history of my class it was a open blog test. I didn't have all the answers but I...