Thursday, August 31, 2017

Today we read " A message to Garcia" this was wrote in 1899 which means it sounds very different when you read it . It explains that if you want something done correctly you should do it yourself or tell your employee that basks no questions. To me what I can gather is that if leaders tell people to do something you should do the task assigned and not ask questions. So if people do ask questions and give excuses the task will not be completed and the people will become lazy because they just give excuses why they shouldn't have to do it instead of just going and accepting the task and completing it. So he is saying choose your employees carefully because you don't want to be paying someone who just gives excuses on why they shouldn't do their work compared to someone who will not ask questions and do their job. In the essay Elbert states that if you call one of your 6 employees and ask them to look up in the encyclopedia and write a short memorandum on the life of corriego. The employee will give excuses on why they shouldn't do it they will never complete the task. Its similar to if your parents ask you to take the dog out and reply by saying " I took him out last time" or " Its not my dog its your brothers" So you don't have to take the dog outside. Therefore the task is never completed compared to if you obey your parents and do what they tell you. You become lazy because you have and take no responsibility for anything. Thats what Elbert is saying people, who give excuses take no responsibility for anything yet they profit from it. People should do what their told by their superiors and work for what they are rewarded for compared to being lazy and taking no responsibility and not trying in life yet your still rewarded. You will become lazy, ungrateful, and disrespectful because they don't have to try in life to survive. Thats what I understand from Elberts essay. This is also true because its still happening in todays world. In families, businesses and governments.


My five step plan to make sure I'm successful in high school is doing my homework as soon as I get home. This is because I won't forget about it when I go to do something else. So when I go to relax I have my homework completed and my book bag is ready for the next day. My second step is I will study every night before the test even if its for only 10 minutes every second of studying counts and helps achieve a better grade. My third step is that i will take as many notes as I can this is so I can study more information and also achieve better grades on tests. My fourth step is that I will check my homework once I finish it because every point that goes toward my total grade counts so it can help me achieve a better GPA.My fifth and final step is that I will be respectful to my peers because in order to be successful in high school you need more than great grades you need to respect others an make relationships to build social skills.

1 comment:

  1. Ben, I think you have a good handle on the meaning of Hubbard's essay. I do suggest that you give your blogs a good proofreading before you hit "Publish," so you can catch errors and repair the run-on sentences. Let's go with a 44/50 on your essay. The same goes for the Action Plan. You have some great strategies, and I know you are going to have a terrific freshman year based on your Plan. Just resist the urge to say, "It's only a blog," and give them the same attention you would give any written assignment. 45/50 on your Plan, for a total of 89/100. Good start!

    ReplyDelete

The Rome test

So today we had our Rome test and for the first time in history of my class it was a open blog test. I didn't have all the answers but I...